- Does your club or team need NEW PLAYERS?
- Do you assist with the development of YOUNG PLAYERS?
- Would you welcome MORE VOLUNTEERS to share organising and workloads?
- Do you help new COACHES and UMPIRES develop?
- Are you interested in applying for FUNDING?
- Do you feel that you have NO TIME to try out new ideas?
If your answer to any of these questions was YES, then the England Netball Club Action Planning Scheme (or CAPS) is for you!
Click here for a full list of CAPS benefits.
CAPS helps Netball clubs function in the most efficient way, with least long-term hassle. It is directly linked to Sport Englands Clubmark scheme and its all about good practice in the development of players, coaches and umpires at all levels.
Its not just about paperwork and filling in forms. In fact, most clubs find that the CAPS process highlights all the good development work that they are already doing. This clarifies roles and gives help and positive encouragement to new volunteers those who might usually hesitate before coming forward.
In line with the Clubmark award, CAPS focuses on four key areas that impact Netball clubs:
- Duty of Care and Child Protection,
- Coaching and Competition,
- Club Management/ Administration,
- Sports Equity and Ethics.
CAPS offers Bronze, Silver & Gold levels of achievement, highlighting further development work whilst ensuring that all clubs have the chance to shine.
Current CAPS clubs in Surrey & SW London
- Silver: Cobham NC, Roundwood NC, Chequers NC, Fairlands NC.
- Bronze: Hillcrest NC, HS NC, Pleiades NC, Roundwood NC, The Downs NC, Whitton NC, Wandsworth NC, CMO NC
Where do we start?
1. Get in touch with the Surrey & SW London Netball Development Officer and explain that you would like to start the CAPS process.
2. Visit the CAPS pages of the England Netball website, download a CAPS registration form.
3. You will be sent a CAPS folder for your club to begin gaining evidence and documenting information.
4. The Surrey & SW London Netball Development Officer will come out and meet your club to explain exactly what you need to do, and provide
you with an action plan.
5. You will receive on going support from the officer as you work through the file ready to meet one of the CAPS submission dates.